I. A.S. XXV being 1990 in the common era - Whereas the practice of rapier combat has reached a level of skill that is need be recognized in the Barony of Sun Dragon, We, the Baroness, hereby proclaim there shall exist, in the Barony of Sun Dragon, an order known as the Order of the Baroness’ Cavaliers which may be given at the pleasure of the Baroness to members if the populace of Sun Dragon who have demonstrated all of the following qualities:
- Exceptional skill and chivalry in combat with the weapons of the duello. (Duello shall be taken to refer to rapier combat.)
- Knowledge of the Courtly Graces, such as music, dance and the other gentle arts.
- Obedience to the laws of the Society for Creative Anachronism, the Kingdom of Atenveldt and the Barony of Sun Dragon.
- Consistent, courteous and noble behaviour.
- Authenticity in dress, equipment and behavior, in keeping with their chosen “Persona”.
- Show a willingness to share their knowledge and skills with others.
II. Holders of the Order shall be entitled to place after their names the letters BCSD and shall be styled and announced in processions as “HOLDER OF THE BARONESS’ CAVALIER of SUNDRAGON”.
III. The Baroness shall make selection of a member to the order, after consultation with the holders of the order.
IV. The Baroness at an official SCA event shall give the award.
V. The insignia of the order shall be a lozenge-shaped pin bearing the initial of the presenting Baroness.